Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Avocado Goodness

Yes, cleaning left over in the kitchen again, to soap that is!
I pureed half avocado with coconut water and froze into ice bars to melt my sodium hydroxide.  I always want to try soaping with fresh avocado to see what it brings to the table but avocado isn't exactly price friendly.  This left over came about only because I forgot about it in the refrigerator and it didn't look too appetizing after 2 days... so into the soap it went!
Inspired by this photo from Design Seeds:

What do you think?  Dead on?!





9 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me. This looks fantastic!I want to know what the fragrance is. I also am curious about how you got the texture in the blue layer. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the little white bits? They are just chopped up white soap bits. And also I didn't filter the puree so this soap is not smooth. Th fragrance is White willow & Green Tea.

      Delete
  2. I bet you 'forgot' about this avocado purposely, just to use it in soap,ha,ha!
    And it's great that you did,because it is a beautiful outcome you ended up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you might be right! Everything I buy I conscientiously wonder if I can put it in soap! :P

      Delete
  3. Wow! The design is absolutely fabulous and I love colors that you used, it's a very bright and cheerful soap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous soap! I love avocado in my soap too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your soaps are always enjoyable to the eyes! beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this soap, Emily! The colors are stunning, and I love the flecks of white soap. I've never tried avocado in soap before, but I'll bet that it is wonderful. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so beautiful! I am always impressed by the look of your soaps, Emily! So perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis