Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Color Inspiration Series - Cherry Blossom

This is actually the part 1 of total 3 parts experiment.  Since I love soaperstar's Water Lily so much, I came up with my own interpretation of her recipe.  I also want to prove which butter, cocoa, shea, or mango is more superior in soap making.  This is like two birds killed by one stone kind of deal.  This first one is made with cocoa butter, the way soaperstar intended, scented by Cherry Blossom fragrance oil, and colored with shades of pinks!
Well, I stick blended it to very light trace, then Cherry Blossom went it... accelerated and riced a little on me.  Totally unexpected, because the website says this fragrance oil behaves well in cold process soap!  What happened here?!  Bye bye my planned ITP (in the pot) and ITM (in the mold) combo swirl... maybe see you next time????

Color inspiration from Design Seeds: pinked

Next batch will be the same recipe but substituting cocoa butter with the same amount of shea butter.

5 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! Love the colours and I have a Cherry Blossom FO here but not used it yet.

    I can't wait to see how you like it in use... really lovely.

    Jeez... I inspired someone! Very much looking forward to the other 2 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em you have the most wonderful experiments. Love this color combo also! I'm using mango butter but think that avo oil is better, still under review. Looking forward to 2 and 3 of the set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for experiment 2 and 3. Actually I must say I look forward to all of your posts, always very interesting. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. Is this the Cherry Blossom from BB? I used it too without any trouble - maybe has to do with your recipe?? I know when I quit using rice bran oil, my time to trace was a lot longer. Just a thought! It's still beautiful soap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stick blending is a tricky process. I use it only early any more just until the oils don't seperate. Let the blended oil and lye come to a creamy look like pudding and let it sit for a few minutes. If the combination doesn't seperate you are good to go. Finish with a whip tool. Works for me and you know mileage if you are driving a super hot car!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis