Monday, August 29, 2011

Prairie Mist - a Glance Back While Reaching Forward

For some reason more than often I don't use single fragrance oil or essential oil blend by any suppliers anymore, I always have to blend again.  I don't know why, maybe it's more fun this way?!  The hardest part is always to make up a new name for the Emily concoctions!  The new name Prairie Mist was created with help from another soaper friend, Tamra, really like this new name.  It is a blend of 2 marine spa type fragrance oils.  I had done variation blues with a dark pencil line style more than a year ago.  I don't normally repeat my design, but this time I actually WANT to, strange... 
Well, this Prarie Mist did not want to cooperate, riced on me, had to use stick blender (now I know why we can't live without it, lol) to break the lumps up as much as I can.  Still, there are tiny white specks in the entire loaf.  Oh well, can I say it's white sand under the Caribbean coral reef?!

This is my #99 blog post since I started my blog back in April.  Let's looked back at history before I make the milestone.  I want to show you the original version of this soap style more than a year ago.  This is my Coastal Line soap scented with Beach Breeze mixed with Champaign.  Very yummy scent, but unfortunately, it did not last, faded away in 2 months mark...

What do you think?

13 comments:

  1. Woo... it's so interesting to see the same concept done in two different sizes! I think the Prairie Mist turned out a bit nicer because the dimensions make it seem more... proportional? It makes me sad that the Coastal Line scent faded :( It does sound very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I much prefer the latest version ... I love the look of it, like a landscape or something. Just lovely and I can't see any evidence of ricing so you handled that really well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are both beautiful, the first one being a bit freer in flow and the second one more clear and defined. But both are plain lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a while I admire all your soaps are beautiful, congratulations!
    How you managed to make waves so beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schon wieder so eine schöne Seife!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ich finde deine Seife auch total klasse, die Farben sind super und ein irres helles weiß.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic colours and a great name. The names suggests amazing smells.

    I'm in awe of what you can achieve with soaps that riced ... incredible. For me it's just globbed into moulds and usually the result is usable, but the colours usually turn gray or beige ... not so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies!
    The only difference between the 2 versions is the colorants. I used lab color to get the gradient smoothly without a seam. The latter version was done with mica, appeared more defined like landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new version and your "waves." Good for you personalizing your scents by blending. I don't do it often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge fan of the more turquoise color, and the more defined gradient is just stunning! I can't see any evidence of the ricing either, so you must have taken care of that pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I left a message yesterday but I guess I forgot to click "Post Comment".. =(
    I really wanted to tell you that I love the blue gradation! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Es un estupendo trabajo.
    Me gustaría poder seguir tu blog pero no me deja
    ¿algo no funciona?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful I love your colouring makes me want to book tickets to some tropical location and lounge about on a beach

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis